Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Education for educations sake...

After presenting both OpenSourceCooking and the ROVLabs to the capstone course I have some feedback to chew on. Little was said about the recipe site except that it "had some elements that were good", and Pattie provided me with a link to a similar cooking site that has much of the same components, but not necessarily in the way I would implement them. The general impression from Jon, since only he and one other reacted to the project idea was mixed. Here are a list of concerns that I was able to grasp from class.

- Cost to participate may be too high
- Consider higher levels of automation
- Consider the result of cross-age group participation and the effects on the project
- Consider how to really get 12 year olds interested in this. What is motivating them?

I am also waiting for feedback in the pool, but these are the points I will be thinking about, and posting about over the next week. The recipe site I might just do for fun anyway.

No comments: