Monday, September 24, 2007

1, 2, 3 little projects

So, in speaking with James about what exactly he needs my help in for the capstone he wants me to work on server communications. I finally snagged a login for our development server and will be parsing through the code he has up now. I've been doing research on session handling in ajax/java/perl/ruby/C to find something that will be efficient for us. A large snag that we were hitting last year in divvy initial iteration was the use of javascript timers to handling maintenance of an active session while still handling all the data calls needed by Ajax. Already I've found a few ways to re-implement the session handling plus offer additional features to turn divvy into more application than web in the "web-application" world.

Links to some of my readings can be found on my del.icio.us site.

As a tag on, I'm going to be researching a side project for the divvy team to work on after divvy gets its initial fleshing out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Looking forward to your next post