Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pictures and Forefoot Striking

Last July I went one what was the 2nd Annual Man's weekend with a bunch of friends to Chad Skillin's family camp at Moosehead. 2010 consisted of Chad, myself, Jeff and Ryan (Parker), Ryan (Adair), and of course, Ryan (Stone). I finally got around to printing out some favorites of the pictures I took and either framing them or placing them in a photo album. Ahh, memories.

Guys at the Fire (L to R: Jeff, Chad, Stone)


Stone, Chad, Jeff, Me, Ryan P

Sunset - Long Exposer. From my perspective there was no light. 

I decided to tempt fate today and go for another run. Again, I opted to work for Forefoot striking and again it proved to be a difficult task. Spending less time worrying about pace and more on technique and focusing on how what I was doing was affecting my body I found a pretty good stride. I took it slow and steady found a good pace with mostly only forefoot striking that definitely felt a lot easier.

After lunch Becky and I checked out The Runners Alley in Manchester to see what we through of the Vibram Five Fingers. We both found them very comfortable and she picked up a pair. I was very hesitant at first because apparently I have a tall foot and they just don't fit into the sewn standard foot. The gentleman helping us advised me to try the lace variety, which the company labels as the fashionable shoe. 


They were considerably more comfortable but I opted to sleep on it. My legs are absolutely toast from the last two days.

Day off tomorrow from running methinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I miss the Moosehead trips. Hopefully this year, I'll be able to come again!