Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Plan within a Plan

It's official, I am taking a vacation. My sister and I are taking time off together and we will be visiting my lovely Aunt Lynda and Uncle Wayne in Florida. The whole event is something that has been only semi-planned, just how I like it. Go to Florida, stay with family, golf and relax.

Already the available time is starting to fill: visiting the Yuengling Brewery, catching a Rays game, going on a short cruise of the Keys, dinner with some of the Lessard clan who winter in the heat. I have three unplanned things that I want to do; golf, read and run. 

I heard tell that where I'll be staying has a wonderful course and I think this would be a fine time to kick off my 2011 golf season with a strong showing. Maybe I'll even break 100!! (in 9 holes). Accompanying me on my trip will be The Girl with the Dragon Tatto, The Lost Symbol, and Me Talk Pretty One Day. I want a day in the sun and at least one of these books to suck up my time. David Sedaris will most likely win, but really anything will satisfy me.

I have "The Short List"™ of races built that I want to participate in, which means I don't want to shirk on my running. 

The Short List:

More will be added as time goes on, there are plenty to choose from. I haven't registered any Tri's yet because frankly, I don't own a bike and I haven't been in a pool in long time.

In the meantime, I'll continue my original goal for 2011 to be the summer of 10ks. I will continue to work on the forefoot striking and really focus on interval training and technique.  

Ignore the advertisment part of this video, but it gives a better illustration about the benefits of a more natural stride.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks for posting all of those videos - they're super informative!